Toady I am posting the photos of my 12 blocks for the CQJP 2013 challenge. I have made all 12 not sure if this was the right thing to do but have more fabric so can replace some if I do not like them. I was surprised how much fabric I had in my stash, both bought fat quarters and fabric I had coloured myself with silk paints sponged onto the fabric, some were also sprinkled with rock salt to make the colours run. I had bought some Egyptian cotton at the K & S show in 2011 and it coloured beautifully so the other day when I got the news email from Empress Mills and they had the cotton reduced from £12.50 to £8.50 a metre thought it was too good an offer to refuse and now waiting for a metre to pop through the letter box, it really is lovely quality.
The blocks have all been made with an assortment of greens and I plan to introduce other colours in the embellishment, originally thought yellow and orange, maybe a bit of purple and red, not sure will ponder some more.All suggestions greatly received. Suppose I should start embellishing , maybe after the weekend.
The one below is the first one I am going to use.
Thought I would post a photo of my mahonia in flower, it is lovely to see a bit of colour in the garden at this time of year.