Tuesday 26 March 2013

stitching show

I had a wonderful time at the stitching show in Birmingham last weekend,, snow all the way down but the coach was only delayed by 30 minutes so that was not too bad, the problem was pulling the suitcase along through all the snow!

So much to see and do,  demonstrations and lots of quilts to look at, the Quilters Guild,  Contemporary Quilters Guild,  Pat Archibald,  Linda and Laura Kemshall .   Wow what a lovely time looking at all these things.
Was hoping to put some photos on from picasa but did not work so will just share a few photos.



the 3 above where from a collection by members of the Quilters Guild.



these African themed ones were done by Pat Archibald who had her own exhibition, 



these were done by Linda and Laura Kemshall, a mother and daughter team,  I gather they are teachers. The one of a swallow in the hand was breathtaking. Unfortunately I do not know who did each one.

think that is enough for today will add some more tomorrow,  happy viewing






20 comments:

Starr White said...

Thank you for taking photos and sharing them, Margaret! I also love the one with the swallow. It looks like a painting! Can't wait to see more.....

Marjolein said...

Thank you for sharing these pictures. The blue flower/windmill one is fabulous. So much movement.

Sparklyjools said...

The swallow is incredible, thank you for sharing your trip and the photos. I'm glad the snow was not too bad!x

Radka said...

It is always nice to see pictures from shows, thank you :-)

Melissa said...

Oh how fun! I would love to get to go to a quilt shows, I've never been to one. Very pretty quilts!

Createology said...

I have had to read your previous posts as I missed a few. I am so sorry you were sick. Yucky stuff is certainly going around. Feel better and stronger each day. Lovely quilts at the show. Your CQ block is very pretty and appropriate for this time of year. Healing Hugs Dear...

Pippas quilts said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. It is so nice to see other peoples work and how they put together colours and stitches to their own design.

Queeniepatch said...

There is so much inspiration to get from a show; it is worth struggling with a suitcase in the snow!!
Every quilt you show has a beauty of its own. Thank you for letting us join in.

Chyfey said...

Ohhh aaaHHHHssss love the last 2 photos especially Marg,but they are all great eye candy

Janet said...

Looks like it was a great show!
Thanks for sharing.
Janet

Nana said...

Wow, thank you for sharing those quilts with us.

Nana

Susan In Texas said...

Thanks for all your great comments on my blog and for sharing such lovely pictures! I'm glad this show didn't have the same photo restrictions that the one in Dallas had. 8)

Take care,
Susan in Texas

Stitching Lady said...

You showed us beautiful quilts. Especialy wonderful the one's of the quilters guild. The Kemshalls' quilts can be recognized from far away.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Margaret, It sounded like the show was fantastic. The Kemshall quilts are very beautiful indeed. I heard about the snow blizzard you all had. I am happy to heard you was stopped by it. Hugs Judy

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you made it ok to the show, I was thinking about you when the snow arrived. The quilts all look fantastic, I must get to one of these shows sometime!

amy said...

that butterfly art quilt is simply gorgeous!!

Jillian said...

Thanks for sharing. So glad you braved the blizzard and enjoyed yourself.

Mrs. B. said...

I really wanted to go to that show but couldn't make it, but at least I can get a glimpse through you. Thanks for sharing the loveliness.

Woolly Soup said...

wow, the swallow in the hands is amazing, and with such a grand scale its even more amazing.
love the coloured quilt sections in the colour blocks you did as well.

Carli The Quilter said...

You lucky dog!! I'd give anything to ever see a quilt show in Birmingham! My parents are from Yorkshire, but I've not been to England. Thanks for following me and sharing your stuff!