Friday 24 May 2013

more eye candy

As promised here are some more photos of the Malvern quilt show.  This is the 3rd attempt to load them,  the first I made a mistake  and deleted it, the second one I thought I had saved whilst I had some breakfast but if I had saved it I can not find it now so here goes,   3rd time lucky.
    I think I am right in saying this first quilt came overall second in the competition. This is one of the ones I like best.  I seem to be drawn to the applique ones at the moment but want to make a patchwork block one first.




the next one is all hexagons which I did not realise until I got up close they are easily seen on the light fabric but the dark mislead me.

Now these are just a selection of some of the others on display.














10 comments:

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

Gosh the work, and love that must go into them! Love that hexie one! :) x

Nana said...

What great quilts you show and how can it be then my favourite is the lady with the flower.

Nana

Createology said...

After having tried to sew a few simple 6" quilt blocks I have a new appreciation for the tedious amount of time and work that quilting involves. These are amazing. Thank you for sharing such beauty.

Sparklyjools said...

I love the 'Willow pattern' one. Thanks for sharing these Margie.

Judys Lace Creations said...

Love these quilts.Thanks for sharing.
Judy

Queeniepatch said...

They are all wonderful. I love the Willow pattern and the hexagon. PLEASE show more!

Suztats said...

It's so nice to see these photos, Margaret. I made a small quilt once, and I found out just how much work goes into the mechanics of it. I can't imagine how much more effort and time it takes to create one with such intricate designs.Thanks.

J Honda said...

phenomenal - still amazes me how hands can work such loveliness with fabric and thread - the colors and shapes are beautiful - I particularly like the one with the birds - delightful :)

Grit said...

Wow, wow, wow .... they are all so fantastic.
Greetings Grit

Marjolein said...

Thank you for sharing all these fabulous pictures. Some quilts are extraordinary. I'm sure you had a wonderful time.