Here is the bag I made using the hexagons I had made from the batik triangles. It has been unpicked twice, first time I used polyester wadding and it was far too bulky so undid it. I removed the wadding and muslin from everywhere except under the patchwork as I had hand quilted this. I then tried quite a thick iron on vylene, did not like this either so managed to pull it off and finally mad it up without any thing apart from the black fabric and some very nice poly cotton for the lining. I suppose it is a bit floppy but I am quite happy with it, much happier than when it had the wadding in. Not sure if I will use it when I go to the quilt show, that had been my intention, mind you it is not very big for a shopping trip, maybe that s just as well!
Will not bore you with lots of photos, have put the 4 on a collage, close ups of the quilting, the red I did in the ditch then added some small hexagons, the green side I have done triangles on and nothing in the ditch. The green side is my favourite side. Did consider machine quilting but need to have some practise at it first as have not done any yet.