Thursday 28 November 2013

batik quilt

Thank you all first you your comments and advice on the CQ  wall hanging.   I will leave it for a while as I have had mixed advice, some saying stitch on the seams others saying don`t!     Will ponder, I am good at that!

I went through the Tula blocks yesterday and pulled out those with any batik on,  I have 15 and thinking of doing a small wall hanging with these. The blocks will be cut down to 8.5", planning I think to cut them crooked then the eye will not notice so much the errors in the individual blocks,  not so sure I like the black now but what the heck I am a beginner and can and will learn form my mistakes. I think the correct way to go about it is to join the blocks  then add the wadding and backing then quilt it, after that I put the binding on and    wow all is done!!   just like that.




19 comments:

Vicki Miller said...

Oh, this is lovely! So vibrant and intense!

Queeniepatch said...

The black outlines each block and makes it really spectacular!

Margo Brooks said...

This looks spectacular--just like a stained glass window with those bright colors against the black slashing.

Judith said...

I love the black Margaret, and like Margo, think it looks like a beautiful stained glass window. Gorgeous!!

Séverine said...

Black around the batik blocks makes them wonderful

Nana said...

Wow, this looks absolutely terrific!

Nana

Boud said...

Beginner? you don't stitch like a beginner! this is lovely.

Pippas quilts said...

The black works really with the bright colours

Mary Ellen said...

Black and brights. Always a winner. This looks great!

Jane said...

Looks fantastic, you'll have a finish to be proud of, very soon

Anonymous said...

The black looks good it makes the colours stand out, it should look lovely when it is all complete, well done!

Anonymous said...

When you look at your CQ quilt, do YOU think it needs stitching on the borders? That's the only criteria. =) I love your black! If you think it's too much together, you could stitch narrow batik sashing in between the blocks. Use up some scraps. =)

Jillian said...

Great idea to pull out the batik blocks and put them together. It's looking great.

Ivory Spring said...

I do love those batik fabrics you used. Great job.

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

Love the batiks with the black. Really makes them stand out!

Anita said...

Lovely blocks! Batik fabrics and black looks pretty.Love the bottom right corner block,gorgeous colors!

Annet said...

It looks very nice, Margaret. If I look at your layout I can see a small strip of batik between the blocks to break the black. Just an idea :-)

Claudia said...

Your batik quilt will be spectacular. I also would take time and ponder how to finish your crazy quilt!

FAZENDO ARTE said...

Lindo seu blog...
abraço
Venha me visitar
Leila