A couple of days ago I finished some little mats for Helen (pink of course) These I started a while ago, it was going to be a table runner but then we had a change of heart so now she has one square mat, 2 funny shaped and 4 mug sized ones. How I dread cutting them around the buttonhole stitch but amazingly I did not cut in to any of my stitches. Like most of the hardanger I do I just stitch with no pattern and let the needle go where it wants to.
Not sure what she is going to do with these, whether they end up in a drawer or are out on the sideboard, maybe they will appear when she knows I am calling round! They compliment the large picture I did for her for her previous house, that was done as a request to go over the bed, needless to say it never got hung but she is planning to put it in her lounge as she has decorated it, 3 walls grey and a feature wall of pink flowers on a white background, it really looks lovely. This is her first proper house as she calls it, until now she has lived in shared accomodation since she went away to uni when she was 23, she is now 37 and has bought this house.
I have also done some flowers on a piece of hardanger for my friend Carol who lives in Manchester, she was struggling with a mat she was doing so I have done the bits she could not see to do. Must admit I find this technique so relaxing, especially after doing so much patchwork.Posted it back to her yesterday so she will get it either today or monday.
The batik blocks quilt is now tacked together with the wadding and backing and on the spare bed until I decide what to do next and also pluck up courage to do it.
Will add the latest tula blocks in the next few days.