Tuesday 13 May 2014

hexie, bow tie block,CQJP, Malvern

today I have three new pieces to share with you

Fist the hexie BOM for may is a butterfly



A bit dull re colour but  I have lots of hexies already stitched and these were the best I could us.

Also completed the CQJP for may,   I feel it needs more adding which hopefully will reveal itself when I join the 12 blocks together.


My final block of the monthly blocks is for bee blessed   the bow tie block. This is a challenge I take part in every month through a link in Belfast.

 
Friday I am off to London to say at Cherly`s and on saturday we are going to the Malvern quilt show, will no doubt be taking of photos and marvelling at the most wonderful quilts,  no doubt dong a bit of spending too.  I have already ordered some walnuts shells from Creative grids in case they sell out before I get there,they are for pincushions, have not been able to buy any before. Returning to London in the evening and then I will be coming home sunday evening,  travelling by mega bus which is a very economical way of getting around the country.
I am also looking forward to seeing the quilt, bag, mobile and one more piece that Cheryl has made for her C & G patchwork and quilting course she has been doing at Missenden Abbey, have seen a photo of the bag but will see them all properly whilst at her home.





27 comments:

Gaia said...

Butterfly is lovely, and your piecing is so neat. I also like the other two blocks.

Podunk Pretties said...

Great looking blocks! Love the butterfly. Hope you have a lovely time at the quilt show...looking forward to seeing pictures!

Nana said...

I always think your work is full of colour so it´s full of life and joy. I like it.

Nana

Cattinka said...

The butterfly is pretty, there are lots of blue butterflies in real life!
KATRIN W.

Anita said...

Lovely butterfly! Have fun at the quilt show!

Unknown said...

I love the butterfly Margaret . I am also looking forward to see your pink quilt finished , it will be very beautiful I think. Enjoy your trip to London and I am sure some spending will be just therapeutic .

Annet said...

This hexie butterfly is lovely! I took a closer look to your CQJP and I can see a feathered chain stitch on the polka dot ribbon, just an idea. Have a nice trip this weekend!

Grit said...

Your butterfly is so lovely. And I love your crazy block.

Celtic Thistle said...

Great blocks Margaret, sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead! I have a pincushion filled with walnut shells that I received in a swap, and love it.

Queeniepatch said...

You are making good use of your stencils from Sharon on your cq block. Have a great time with Cheryl at Malvern!

Jane said...

Have a great weekend, sounds like you'll be coming home to have a rest

Rebecca in AK said...

Love the hexie butterfly! I look forward to seeing all 12 of crazy quilt blocks together. It sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned!

Vicki Miller said...

The butterfly hexie is cute. And your CQJP block is wonderful. It is hard to know how much to leave for filling in after piecing, isn't it? Have a great time in the big city

Chyfey said...

Love the flutter bye block

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love, love, love you butterfly. You have been busy. Have a fun trip.

Dianne said...

Have a great time in London, Margaret. The CQ blocks are coming along beautifully and the hexie butterfly is very cute.

shirley said...

Love the butterfly, and the colours are good. Your bow tie block is so neat. Have fun in londonmwhichmi am sure you will

Stitching Lady said...

The hexie block - not at all a dull colour - I like it - the bow tie blocks are pretty - I like this effect of the small colour dots.

Anonymous said...

All your blocks are full of colour, not dull at all! Have a great time at the shows

SewLittleToSay said...

Love the butterfly - I will have to add it to my list of shapes to make with hexies.

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

I think the butterfly is adorable and the colors are wonderful!

Jillian said...

I like your butterfly a lot - the contrast with the black is very effective. Your crazy quilt bloc, is, as usual, a work of art and the bow ties are going to look stunning. Great work - enjoy your time

Createology said...

I adore your Hexie Butterfly. She would be lovely sitting atop a soft yellow pillow. Beautiful CQ and bowtie blocks. Creative Bliss Dear...

Lorna McMahon said...

Lovely work - in all your blocks, Margie. Sounds like you have lovely plans for the weekend! Enjoy the show and your visit with Cheryl!

Sarah said...

Your butterfly looks great! Very soothing. I finally picked fabrics for mine this weekend and it's in wild colors because I decided to use my pink/purple shot cotton and some other brights.

cottonreel said...

Creative grids are local people to where I live . I have known them for many years when Rachel's mum and dad started the business . Lovely people .
Still you learn something every day ,I didn't know they sold walnut shells .
I have a quilt top with lots of those hexie butterflies on . The hexies are very tiny.

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

I'm loving that butterfly! Have a great time at the Malvern show, I'm looking forward to hearing all about it! :) x