I finally plucked up courage to have a go at FMQ on my disappearing nine patch lap quilt. I did a little practice but of course as soon as I tried it on the quilt all was not so well. I seem to have trouble feeding the quilt though, presume it is to do with the size, weight etc. I quilted with a sort of squiggle on the large squares changing the cotton to match the colours then squiggled some more on the sashing and borders. My stitches varied quite a bit in size but it is the first one so did not get too worked up about them. I then attached the binding and put it in the washer. I always have colour catchers in just in case there is a problem, I expect you guessed no colour catcher and the orange ran into all the white fabrics. I tried re washing with colour catchers this time but the damage was done. Never mind it is only for me and I will certainly be more careful in future. I always wash fabric when I buy it but of course this piece must have slipped through without a wash.
Prior to quilting and dyeing
now this is what it looks like
Fortunately the colour does not show too much on the photo!
I have also caught up on the hexie BOM. This year they are geometric pieces and are meant to be made using three quarter inch hexies but I have used 1" again as I have stacks of card cut out in 1" and find smaller is too fiddly for my big hands.
The kitchen floor comes in handy for photography.
not sure why they look so pale and have not a clue what I will do when all 12 have been done. I still have those from last year unfinished. Maybe I will use some of them on tote bag fronts or maybe not.
This year I have not taken part in the crazy BOM due to being absent from stitching for 3 months but maybe will take part next year as I do enjoy a bit of craziness.