Tuesday 31 May 2016

Jennie Rayment twiddly bag,pin cushion swap, Podunk Pretties pieces



Little bags are  being made.  This one is Driven dotty by Jennie Rayment   it is from one of her books Tucked up in bed and there is also a tutorial on   http://www.justhands-on.tv/website that I subscribe to,  some of the videos etc are free not sure if this one is though.  The twiddly fiddly bit is made from a 23" square of calico/muslin depending on where you live,  I decided to add a border and make a little bag once the twiddly bit had been done.  I am one big fan of Jennies  have had a go at lots of her twiddly bits but this is the first one I have made into anything,   watch this space will be making others too as I have all her books so no excuses.






I received these 2 lovely pin cushions from Bea last week   I am spoilt as the swap usually involves one not two.  One with a lovely FPP cat   cats are my favourite animals and another with a Bible quotation on,  Bea knows my faith means a great deal to me and I will be taking it with me to my Bible reflections group today.
Thankyou Bea  I am thrilled with both of these.




This is the one I sent to Bea,  her favourite colour is blue and I used left overs from flying geese to make the pin wheel



One more month to go and I made the swap cushion yesterday so will be posting it in a few days,   will share when I get my swap one .

I have not been doing much on large projects recently but have made the back porch blooms from podunk pretties blog   now lets see if I can add a link   http://podunkpretties.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2016-05-19T18:10:00-04:00&max-results=4&start=4&by-date=false   fingers   crossed this is right,  seems a very long link to me!!also on the blog are the instructions for the flower and butterfly which she has kindly shared with us.



 


I sew enjoyed making these.


35 comments:

Nana said...

Did I understand this right: you made this wonderful bag?????

Nana

Yanicka said...

Wow love the bag :)

The Inside Stori said...

Oh my you’ve been busy!!! The bag is an especially nice one….very classy!

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

Lot of little projects. That bag is fantastic! Cute little pincushions and I need to make some of those tulips.

deanna7trees said...

i love your Jennie Rayment bag. it's given me an idea of what to do with some of the blocks i made when she taught a class here. i've never got back to them and making little bags might be just the right approach.

Queeniepatch said...

I am so glad you made the Jennie Rayment twiddly Driven Dotty pattern into a bag. That is a great way to show off your beautiful work.
What lovely paper foundation piecing! The cat is really charming, as are the other blocks.

Gaia said...

I like the flower and butterfly blocks you have done...and the bag is lovely.

Monica said...

Love the bag -- it looks excellent all in white. Reminds me of your Hardanger! Those Podunk Pretties blocks look great too. It seems like you've been busy to me!

liniecat said...

That bag is delightful! Beautifully done.
Really like your tulip too :)

Rebecca in AK said...

Beautiful bag! It looks difficult. Very pretty pincushions and blocks!

Jane said...

the bag looks wonderful, so much to look at

Anita said...

such a beautiful bag! cute cat cushion..paper piecing so many bits is not an easy task and Bea has done a fabulous job.

Radka said...

I love the bag; I like fabric manipulation.
xx

Vicki Miller said...

Some beautiful work margaret!

Sarah said...

Such a cute bag! You've inspired me too dig out my Jenny R books! Thank you for sharing. And you have some great projects on the go!

Pippas quilts said...

I have quite a few of Jennie's books looks like your free motion stitching is coming on a treat mine is still an awful mess. I must practice more. love the pin cushions.

Anonymous said...

Love your butterfly, especially, but the blooms are pretty with it, too. That bag is SUCH a gorgeous thing! You are very talented - I don't do bags because I'm not! =) Great pincushions, all three of them. What a great swap that is.

Anonymous said...

Your bag is so pretty, I have seen Jenny on Create and Craft , she is very good! Your pin cushion swaps are great, the cat one is my favourite, such a lovely design

Angie in SoCal said...

A very lovely and unique bag - love it! How lucky are you - two cute pincushions, too. The link worked. She makes such sweet designs. Thanks for sharing, Margie. Happy to see you on WIPs Be Gone.

Stitching Lady said...

This is a beautiful bag, the twiddly bag. Never heard this word. But i looked it up - and yes - now I know.
The pincushions are very cute, especially the cat one. How many tiny pieces she had to sew! And I wonder whether the words on the other pincushion are embroidered by hand.

Raewyn said...

That bag looks extra tricky - and pretty - with the twiddly bits Margaret, I look forward to seeing more of those sorts of blocks :-)Sounds like a fun pin cushion swap; the cat is extra cute but all of those received and sent are special. Thanks for the link to Podunk Pretties - looks like a good place to visit!

barbara woods said...

I love Lou Anna's work, and your bag is great

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

Nice surprise to find your blog via "A Quilting Reader's Garden."

Createology said...

Twiddly Fiddly bits into this beautiful bag is quite the accomplishment. What a great way to try new things and create useful gifts too. Fun new pincushions you received in your swap. Embracing Creative Bliss...

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

My goodness, that bag must have taken hours- it looks fab though, and that kitten -, wow luck you to receive it!

Annet said...

Such a pretty bag, love the folded element!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Gorgeous bag and love that kitty design.

Suztats said...

I don't know how I missed this post, but, gee, Margaret, that's one swell bag you've made! Cute pin cushions, and the podunk pretties are just that. You've been having fun. That's good.

MartinaM said...

Wow great bag and lovely Pin Cushions.
Greetings, Martina

Cheryl said...

I love the bag and pincushions, beautiful!

Kate said...

Beautiful Bloom and Butterfly blocks. Lea's projects are some of my favorites.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

FUn pincushions! you can never have enough!

Pippas quilts said...

Love the bag looks so good in the white really shows it off well. wonderful pin cushions a lot of work has gone it to those.

neendedi said...

replica designer bags aaa replica bags replica wholesale handbags

lalooth said...

b4w96v1h12 b2o14w6s90 d2e37z0u09 y1x46d3b38 n0v54g5q13 s3d44n4j35