Sucess I have completed three quilts in the last few days, one I made from scratch which I thought might be a comfort for Richard when he leaves hosiptal but having shown him a photo he said "what would I do with that well maybe Gill would like it" so I said it was okay he did not need to have it, I am certainly not giving it to his wife so it will stay with me for now. I used up some largish scraps and made the churn dash blocks 15" so only needed 16 instead of 25 12" ones then made the border using left over scraps and used blue as the main colour to tie it all together seeing as it was being made for a boy, not a blue person really but as it was meant to be for a man. Not a very good picture but the best I could get.
this photo rather dark overall it measures 68" square
Loving the backing it is a duvet cover from Asda 100% cotton in the sale for £8, the back is a grey version that will be used as a backing for another quilt. Went back to get some more but they had all gone, cannot complain as I also got 2 super king sized ones again 100% cotton in a pink paisley for £5 each and a couple of others but they were poly cotton.
This next quilt I think is my favourite of all those I have made so far probably it is because of the colors used. It is called Berry Cross and I am thrilled with it.
Part of the blocks I quilted with a walking foot and used a hera marker then I did squiggly things in the yellow squares free style. Very free style no 2 blocks are the same.
My final completed quilt is the Urban neighbourhood one, have done 2 of these this is the second one the other still on the to do pile. Helen called when I was handsewing the binding yesterday and said she liked it so it now has a home to go to, she does not often say anything about what I am doing as she has no interest really so was delighted that she liked it. Placement was not to good here just randomly pulled the cut pieces out of a bag the pink that looks white on the photo though is not so stand out as it looks here fortunately. Again it has been free motion quilted in the most random way, I did get better at it but at the start the stitches are too long, considering redoing some of it but think it can stay the way it is. I used a jelly roll for this and added the black.
I now have 4 more sandwiched waiting to be quilted and three with wadding and backings cut but they can wait aas they are very big and one that I think I am going to remove the border from as I do not like it. Plan to quilt the 4 before I start anything else!! hopefully.
A couple of photos of Charlie and Teddy Helen`s new cats, made a mistake last blog and both photos were of Teddy but don`t tell Charlie!
They seem to like the quilt I made for Helen a couple of years ago hiding under it and just having a peep out.
We laugh when we see this as it looks like Charlie has a monkey on his back!
here are the pair of them both wanting to be on Helen`s knee. Teddy has on white and one black ear and Charlie has a tiny heart shaped black mark under his mouth.