I have been working on this latest block since yesterday and think I have done enough, maybe at the end of the year other bits will be added and who knows some might be removed. I wanted to use the allium as my flower for the month as I have so many out in the garden at the moment, shame they only seem to flower in the mauve/purple range as it is not a colour I have used on the blocks! The little 3D needle tatted flower in the top on the right hand side I found the as a tutorial on another blog.
If I do this challenge next year I will make the blocks each month, it was a mistake doing them all together but that is part of the learning curve I am on at the moment. I am unable to add lace, ribbon etc neatly, this should be added during the construction of the blocks, never mind we live and learn.
I am also taking part in a round robin with the group embroidery friends which has been set up following the closure of the Embroiderers Guild forum. This group is open to all not just members of the EG. There are 10 of us taking part and I have chosen gardens as the theme for my 10" x 8" piece. I have done a bird bath and can now send it on the the next person to add something, wonder what it will look like when it arrives back, maybe someone will do a bird having a bath! Bit concerned what is going to arrive through my letter box as we are all choosing our own theme, trust it is something I can do. Two of those taking part are in Australia but the rest of us are UK based. Here is the bird bath, only worked in stem stitch but think it is quite cute.