Wednesday 12 August 2015

august hexagon

I am home from my visit to Birmingham and the Festival of Quilts show.   So many quilts to see and admire   will be sharing some photos on my next blog,  need to sort through them all first.

Not much stitching done,   the august hexie I finished this morning



I signed up for the twinkle quilt along with zany quilter and made a trial block to see if I would manage them okay   What appealed to me is the sashing is done as you go adding 2 pieces to each block and like the flying geese that are different to any goose I have come across before..  I think I will do it in assorted fabrics rather doing all the blocks the same,  there are 5 different sizes to choose from so will see how I go on.  This one will not be used in my quilt   just a scrap one, I would never put these fabrics together normally.



I had a bit of a shock when I realised I had 10 projects on the go and far too many on the to do list and now this one is added along with the midnight mystery quilt and also the mystery quiltalong which is little houses that are not foundation paper pieced    so glad as I cannot get my head around paper piecing.   I must not forget I gave in and bought Lori Holt`s farm girl vintage quilt book as I have seen so many blocks on the internet and so wanted to have a go myself,   this is on hold for now though

25 comments:

Vilhelm man said...

A beautiful week with many achievements to you!

Podunk Pretties said...

Only 10 projects well you better get busy! Love your twinkle block, I want to make this one, hopefully I can start it sometime next week.

SewLittleToSay said...

I've just totted up the number of projects I've got on the go and was surprised it came to five, but hat doesn't include the ones that have only got as far as the fabric buying stage!

Nana said...

Well, some have a few unfinished projects, some have alot. I guess you belong to the middle.

Nana

Turid said...

Lovely hexie block you've got there. Lucky you who visited Birmingham. I hope to go ther once.

Sparklyjools said...

Love that hexie block Margaret!

Jill said...

I love your hexie block! I know the feeling of having too many projects going at once...I keep coming up with new ideas. "So many quilt ideas, so little time!" I'm looking forward to seeing some of your pictures from the show.

deanna7trees said...

oh 10 projects is nothing compared to the pile i have here. looking forward to your quilt show pics. how lucky that you got to go.

PaulaB quilts said...

Can't wait to see your pics from the fair. You sure have a lot of things going on. I like the star block with the frame. Where did you get that? Thanks for keeping tabs on me as I get more projects each day.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Only ten UFOs? :-) sometimes you need to start something new to get it out of your system, - as long as you are having fun, don't worry about the number!!!

Séverine said...

you were lucky to go to Birmingham.
Your hexie block is lovely,
Like you, I'm struggling to limit the number of my current projects

Mary Ellen said...

Only 10 projects at once? You are but a rank amateur! They all sound like fun. I have so far managed to avoid jumping on the Farm Girl wagon.

Gaia said...

Your hexagon piecing is always so neat.. waiting to see pictures from the exhibition..

Pippas quilts said...

What a pretty hexagon block would not like to count how many I have on the go.

shirley said...

Good to see you home...I arrived back home from the farm today. You are certainly going to be kept busy with all your projects. Best wishes

Anonymous said...

You have set yourself a big task with all your different projects, I will look forward to seeing them all.

Jen said...

HI! Margaret ,
You are a busy bee, It is fun having a few things on the go. It is good to do a sample block sometimes. It is always nice to have a new book
to read with a coffee break.

Rebecca in AK said...

Great hexie block! I look forward to seeing your photos of the quilt show. I have not counted up how many projects I have going! I should and try to get organized in some way to work on each one a little each month.

Jane said...

What an interesting hexi block! Think we're all guilty of having lots of projects on the go

Annet said...

Another pretty hexyblock. I already saw a few photos of quilts from the show, but I'm looking forward to see more here.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Very neat looking August hexie! 10 projects on the go - sounds great. Looking forward to your further posts about them all :)

Pamela said...

Nice hexie block! The colors are very appealing.

I hope to be able to attend the Birmingham Quilt show some day...

Only ten projects going? I am also doing the Midnight mystery and the house mystery quilts! I did the flying geese for the midnight mystery yesterday. I saw part three was posted for the house quilt. I still need to do part 2! It's taken a long time to cut all the little pieces for it.

Raewyn said...

I'm not sure how many projects I have on the go as well, best to put my head in the sand and not try to count! It looks like you are enjoying your hexies, I love the colours you used in this one. Also your quilt block is lovely - I like the idea with the sashing, too. I saw some photos from Birmingham last night, our friend has returned home, sounds like it was a huge affair!!

barbara woods said...

I love. Stars! Beautiful

Susan In Texas said...

Only 10? ;)