Saturday 29 August 2015

photos from the Festival of Quilts

Finally as promised I am uploading some photos from the Festival of Quilts,  hope you enjoy them


this is a 2 person quilt


There was a display of Alice in Wonderland quilts and this one really caught my eye,   still love the book!!



The next two were made by my friend Cherly



 


Such a peaceful scene, loved this one




This is a bit of fun


certainly plenty of HSTs here



What a show stopper,  a chess board that took 10 years to complete and was made by Mavis Walker



   This appealed as it was so colourful



This is the show winner   made by Janette Chilver    a beautiful quilt.



this is the binding on the winning quilt,   love the little scallop she put on prior to the binding   fascinating have not a clue how it as done




This Stonefields quilt was the visitors choice winner on the satuday,  not sure if it won everyday    what a beauty,  quite a few bloggers I follow are also making this quilt



This won the young quilter 5-8 group   such talent in one so young



This is the 12 - 16 age group winner    a real beauty.




I have also added a bright green 4" border to the cat wall hanging and this morning quilted the steps to heaven,  just the binding to do now  which |I hope to do monday   The quilting is slowly improving, just diagonal and straight lines following the squares.  Pictures will follow in the next blog


30 comments:

Séverine said...

Thank you for your pictures. All the quilts are beautiful but I love the butterflies quilt.

Createology said...

I am always amazed at how many quilt styles there are with such talented artists. I love them all. The multi bicycle quilt is stunning and of course I am drawn to those beautiful butterflies. Thank you for sharing your photos...

deanna7trees said...

i enjoyed seeing the quilts. i believe that bicycle quilt was in a show in Houston, TX at some point. i know i saw it in person someplace.

Mary Ellen said...

Thanks so much for sharing the photos. Always fun to see what quilters in other parts of the world are doing.

Boud said...

Thanks so much for the pix. And I particularly loved the younger age group's quilts.

Jocelyn said...

I love the beach scene. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Jane said...

It is a stunning binding, thank you for sharing

Chyfey said...

So many different quilts,Love the bike and Alice in wonderland quilts.

Cattinka said...

Thank you for sharing your pictures, this way we could see a little bit more of this awesome exhibition.
KATRIN W.

Nana said...

Such lovely quilts, I enjoyed watching.

Nana

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

You've chosen some great quilts for us! Thank you! I would guess the scallops were made like clam shells? But I've never seen them done like that before - think I prefer the scallops, much softer!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Sorry, meant to say like prairie points, but prefer these xx

Sarah said...

Wow some real beauties. Thanks for the tour!

Annet said...

Thanks for sharing this eye candy!

Stitching Lady said...

Thanks for the quilt show, Margaret. Really good - yes excellent quilts, traditional, gorgeous work. and super are those of the children - great.

Raewyn said...

Lovely to see the photos from Birmingham, Margaret, thank you for sharing them. Great to hear of the progress on your cat quilt!!

Pippas quilts said...

So many different styles and colours. The younger ones are a real eye opener, such talent. Thank you for sharing.

Barbara C said...

Thanks for sharing all the eye candy. I especially love the first quilt.

Susan In Texas said...

Thank you for posting these! I love the Alice in Wonderland quilt and the sextuplets. I have never done anything like that and it is always so fun to see. I cannot imagine getting to the end of a big, fancy quilt like that, then putting on a scalloped binding, can you? By the time I am ready to bind a quilt, I am ready to be done with it!!!

Thanks for all the lovely comments on my blog. I haven't been visiting too many blogs lately; still working on those darn setting triangles. 9/13 strips done!

Take care,
Susan in Texas

Jen said...

HI! Margaret, Thanks for sharing the quilt show I went to a quilt show at the weekend and showing was the Stonefields quilt it is amazing. Lovely quilting on the winner.

Gaia said...

Thank you for the pictures, All the quilts are pretty, I do love the bicycle one.

Rebecca in AK said...

Thank you for sharing the quilt show with us! So many wonderful quilts!

QuiltSue said...

Thanks for showing the pics Margaret. I'm still puzzled by how on earth the chess set can be called a quilt, even though it's clever. I'm also glad to see some real quilts showing up as winners.

Cut&Alter said...

Lovely to see you photos of FoQ - it's brought it all back to me. What a wonderful show it was.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Thanks for the post and for all the great pictures. Looks like it was a wonderful show to attend.

Angie in SoCal said...

Thank you for the quilt show photos. Loved them, especially the seaside photo - that was my favorite.

The Inside Stori said...

What a feast for the eyes…….and talk about inspiration. Thank you for sharing…..I too loved the seaside photo!

Deepa said...

Lovely,thanks for sharing...loved the seaside one and the leafy one by your friend.

Mama Spark said...

I love that Alice quilt. That scalloped binding was fab too. What a neat idea!

Mama Spark said...

I love that Alice quilt. That scalloped binding was fab too. What a neat idea!