Tuesday 4 July 2017

3 quilts completed charity makes made.

June was a productive month for me,    have been busy making quilts and also blocks and charity makes.

A friend of Helen`s lost her 15 year old daughter  last august   so tragic she had a epileptic fit.  The Mum is having a fund raiser on her anniversary for the epilepsy charity, and Helen volunteered Catherine my other daughter and me to make some things for it!!  Catherine does glass painting and makes beautiful cards   no stitching but other techniques. I am also pleased to support this charity as my ex husband suffered from uncontrolled epilepsy from the age of 29 till his death aged 76 and I would never know when he was going to have a fit,   he often had them whilst waiting to board a plane after a holiday,  we were sure air conditioning effected him so any money raised will go to researching this illness

I have made 8 bags with embroidered cats on them


2 aprons, 3 key fobs, 5 fabric trays,1 fabric box, 2 nine patch little bags  and 2 tablet holders.


 Hope too make a few more things before august to add to these,  maybe some embroidered cards and have done a scrap HST quilt from 5.5" squares which they might like too.  Only completed this yesterday so should really not be in the june makes blog.I had  a disaster with a glass of sherry which I managed to spill on it when it was waiting to have the binding hand stitched, should not have had it on the kitchen table, fortunately it washed out okay. This one I machine quilted with a walking foot and wonky lines


I have also made 15 blocks for the Manchester quilting bee that are making quilts following the bombing at the concert last month,   the bee are coming up to our Leeds MQG on 17th and we are all going to help making the blocks into quilts.  The hexies have been attaches to 6.5" squares.


I sorted my scraps during the month and decided to make some fabric baskets for them  one for each colour,  I used car headliner     the same as bosal but cheaper and not iron on and it worked very well,



3 more quilts   a baby quilt for Debbie a friend of Helen`s   baby not born yet but Helen says she loves the quilt/play mat.  Hand quilted with a wavy pattern on the sashing and circles on the blocks.



This is the back of the quilt   liking this fabic  


now this one was done with Jennie Rayment on the create and craft channel   my first attempt at medallion quilt   I hand quilted this with purple perle  thread   I enjoy hand quilting but could not do it with hand quilting cotton and very small stitches.


Next is a crazy stack and whack quilt    fun to do  but struggled with arranging the blocks,   hand quilted.





I also made 10 assorted blocks   the winter slostice BOM was completed and I decided the blocks that were bigger than 12" I would not use in the quilt so made the substitute blocks instead.  Sorry can`t find the photo for these.
Last but not least a stitching apron for me to wear when stitching. It has pockets on the front,  I made the same as the charity ones but this was the first I made   might take the waistband and straps off and make them narrower as I have done in the other 2.  It is reversible but no pocket on the other side.


40 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margaret wow you sure have been busy,beautiful work my friend and how lovely of you to make all those lovely gifts to raise money,well done xx

The Inside Stori said...

What a great reminder for all of us to support worthy charities. Your pieces are lovely!!

Jo said...

You have been so busy. Some fantastic makes inthis bundle. Well done.

Nana said...

Those bads are lovely and all your little quilts are nice.

Nana

Monica said...

My goodness, you've been busy! I love those cat bags, and I hope they will do well for a good cause. I'm so impressed with all your hand quilting, too. It really gives a personal touch.

Lady Locust said...

I know I've said it before, but Wow, you get a lot done! It's all fabulous. All of your items for the charity are going to sell quickly. Also, love that little quilt for Debbie. I might have to copy you to use some scraps:) Not sure if over there they use the same terms, but the stack-n-wack crazy we call a potato chip quilt (not really sure why???) Sometimes it's funny to hear what certain things are referred to elsewhere.
Have a beautiful day.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's loss. All your projects are wonderful. I can't pick a favorite! LOL!!

Createology said...

My condolences on your friend's loss and on your husband's passing from epilepsy. Charity work is so heartwarming and your creations should benefit them greatly. I had a childhood girlfriend and later a high school guy friend who suffered terribly with grand mal seizures. I do hope the funds raised will help to find a cure. Blessings Dear Margaret...<3

barbara woods bewtjw@gmail.com said...

Wow! What are you taking to give you all that energy? You have really worked hard this month

Maria said...

Sew many lovely gifts to sell and raise money for such a good course...
Great work finishing the beautiful Quilts.

Gaia said...

You have made so many wonderful things..those who receive them will appreciate it a lot.

PaulaB quilts said...

Once again you have done an amazing amount of work. So much done for charity. Love the bags and the small Quilts, especially the first one with the assorted HST blocks, so colorful. You always have such a lot of great things to see. God bless you and your work.

liniecat said...

Ive been making blocks and a quilt for Grenfell Towers survivors/fire crews/hospital staff, so lovely to see there is a Manchester group making quilts for folks involved there too.
Do you have a link to them by any chance please?
Someone asked in the Quilts for Grenfell Towers Disaster FB group, whether anyone was making a quilt for the guy who was paralysed from the navel down.
You've some wonderful makes there, well done!

Jillian said...

You are truly amazing. You must be working around the clock to achieve all that in a month (Do you eat?). There are fabulous things and ideas here. I love the cat bags and the fabric baskets are great. The play at is also a good idea. It's such a productive response. Awesome!

Celtic Thistle said...

I'll say that was a productive month Margaret! You put us all to shame :) I really like your Medallion quilt, one day I will attempt one too. Good luck with the fundraising items I am sure they will sell well.

Jane said...

Oh wow! You have been busy! Hope all goes well with the fund raiser

Cattinka said...

Oh my goodness, have you been busy and productive!
I like the little bags with the embroideries on them a lot!
What a good idea to use your stitcheries that way.
KATRIN W.

Steffi said...

Wow, was bist du fleißig, dein Einsatz zur Unterstützung wohltätiger Aktionen finde ich großartig!
Liebe Grüße
Steffi

Queeniepatch said...

How many days are there in June? You sure have been productive, and for a number of good causes. I love your fabric bags for your stash.

Anita said...

Lovely finishes!

Mary Ellen said...

Did you sleep at all? This is an amazing amount of work you have done. Everything looks great!

SUSSEXMOUSE said...

Ditto every other comment so far Margaret. You must run on Duracell batteries ! What a wonderful way to use your talents to benefit others bless you. I am a Keyworker for a Lady with Epilepsy and wish there was a cure for her and others suffering from Epilepsy. Marion x

Anonymous said...

What a lot of sewing you did! I love the little bags you did.

Séverine said...

You be be en so busy, I love your bars with cats embroideries.

Martha said...

You are simply amazing and such a kind soul. All your gifts to the foundation fund raiser are going to be cherished!!!
You have been quite busy having so much fun creating!!! Love everything!!! Take care my friend, Martha :^)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I love the little bags as well. You are so generous.

Binsa said...

A kind gesture in making the gifts for the fundraiser. Enjoyed seeing your work

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lordy Lady, you have been so busy. What a lot of great projects...I lost count. I am a "lady of leisure" as well and keep stitching away, but am no match for your wonderful output. I am in awe of your charity things too. I also have a tiny sherry sometimes.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

What a workflow Margaret, I am well impressed. You have made a wonderful variety of items to raise money for the epilepsy charity, my youngest granddaughter had her first fit before leaving hospital as a newborn but luckily appears to be growing out of it as she gets older, it is such a worry. The little bags are lovely as are the quilts, you have such a generous heart.

Annet said...

Wow, you've been very very busy! Love the embroidered cats.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Wow!!! You have been busy, Margaret. You are sewing some through some serious stash. Great makes. The baskets for scraps are a good idea.

Unknown said...

Hiya , I'm the mum of Megan (you are doing the charity things for her fundraiser in august) your work is absolutely beautiful and I can't thank you enough for your extremely generous donations , I'm sure they will go down a treat on the day , thankyou one again for all your hard work :)

Anonymous said...

Wow I am amazed at how much work you have done, all the quilts are lovely and the things that you have made for the charity will be very much appreciated!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

You've been soo sooo busy! Love everything you have made, and hope you raise a lot, feeling sad for the family that lost their daughter... xx

Mia said...

Margaret, it was a busy but so creative month! I love all the things you made: the aprons, the bags, the quilts, the fabric boxes, everything! I admire people who make things for charity. You are a great person.

Sarah said...

You have made some wonderful things for a very worth while charity. I think they will go down brilliantly and I'm sure a lot of money will be raised!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

So sorry to hear of the young girls death - lovely that mum is making something positive out of it, and well done you for supporting! Xxx

KaHolly said...

Oh, you goodness! You DID have a productive month! So many goodies, especially your contributions to the fundraiser! Well done!

Stitching Lady said...

Dear Margaret, how busy you were - my mouth is wide open -and so good of you to work for the charity thing. I am moved to have read of your husband's fate- my feelings are with you. I can't work much lately as we are so occupied with the house to sell. Good that you drew my attention to your blog - I forget to read blogs at times.

barbara woods said...

you won my little giveaway Margaret. send me you address, thanks you so glad you won and are my friend