Saturday 23 June 2012

sampler

I think I am about finnished on the sampler, one or two things I am not too happy with but I am always highly critical or my own work.
Whilst visiting Catherine on wednesday I showed her how far I had gone and she put it on a maroon cushion which looked really good so have introduced some maroon and will stretch it over maroon fabric I think. On the top small hardanger blocks I used some maderia 40 machine thread with the flower thread to add a bit of sparkle.This was suggested by one or two friends. Planned to use it in the main heart but afraid  had such trouble with it shredding, unpicked it and left it out.
Re the border, I do not think I can make it any bigger due to fabric restrictions hope it works okay as it is.
Not sure if the heart at the bottom should be in the maroon but do not think so but might change my mind prior to framing. The little cat charm is rather sweet and managed to find the "made with love" heart in a shop in York.The cat I allready had from ages ago, there do not seem to be many charms about now, will have to find an outlet fro when I start playing with the crazy patchwork


8 comments:

Pippas quilts said...

This is so beautiful, stitched with love by Mum what a lovely gift to give to your daughter.

Leelagovind said...

wowww the earlier sampler was totally changed and it looks excellent now.. you have added more motifs which has doubled its beauty..the hard work shows how much you ♥ your daughter.. what did you daughter say when she was gifted?congrats on your effort dear..

Linda said...

This looks wonderful Margaret, congratulations. You've put such a lot of thought and effort into it. Love the two colours together.

Queeniepatch said...

Oh, how this piece has blossomed! A bit of colour and a full heart! The little cat charm will add a final touch of LOVE!
Well done, Margaret.

Zsuzsa said...

Very Nice!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.