Sunday 20 January 2013

patchwork blocks from C & C

 I have today complete the blocks that Jennie Rayment has been doing on the create and craft show,   I think there are going to be 2 more at the beginning of february.  Like the ones for hands on tv I have used poly cotton for these as they are only a learning lesson. I have cheated on the rail fence and used the same one for both projects.

 

                                           rail fence, 2 log cabins and squares.


                       single Irish chain, Amish friendship star, dutchman`s puzzle and pieced star

 

                                  54/40 or flight, dresden plate and grandmothers fan

I have now a bit more confidence but still need practise both with the rotary cutter and matching points.  I have throughly enjoyed doing these though some took time to understand how to do, kept having to re read the instructions till they finally sunk into my brain!

17 comments:

Annet said...

You did a marvellous job! The Dresden plate and Grandmother's fan are my favourite.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

You did a great job. And I LOVE your New Header. Hugs Judy

Gaia said...

Your blocks are great, I specially like the last set.

Hillside Threads said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I like the block you have done. I love Jennie Rayment's workshops, I have done several as I live not too far from her.

Pippas quilts said...

You have done a great job with these blocks 54/40 is not an easy block to do.

Queeniepatch said...

You're so productive! You now have lots of block variations under your belt. Did you do the heart on the Grandmother's fan block by machine?

shirley said...

Gee Margaret you are going great guns with your squares. Good on you. I can see you having no trouble keeping warm under your lovely warm quilts when they are complete.

motidana said...

Lovely blocks Margaret ! And I agree with
C J Stitching and Blooms. Been admiring the new header every time I open your blog. It`s lovely. The patterns on those cushions are fantastic!

Anonymous said...

You are doing so well! You have done some interesting patterns, I like the fan shaped one

Starr White said...

Margaret, these are gorgeous! You're tempting me to want to start quilting too! I especially love the Dresden plate, and you've chosen such pretty fabrics for them all. I think we share similar taste in fabrics!! Can't wait to see what lovely things you make from all these. Happy stitching!!

Marjolein said...

You have been very busy and what a great results. You can be proud on yourself.
Practice is the only way to master things.
My favorites are the dresden plate and grandmothers fan.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Wow - you're sure going great guns with all the quilted pieces. They look great!

Anita said...

All the blocks looks wonderful! You've started to build up a nice collection of blocks.I always enjoy making dresden plate and ohio star block.Which one is your favorite?

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Your blocks are fantastic. I've always liked the Dresden Plate pattern especially. I would go crazy trying to match points. I think that is why I get along better with CQ ~ lol.

Sparklyjools said...

Lovely blocks Margaret, Dresden Plate is my favourite, love the blue and white colour scheme. You've done a great job.

Jillian said...

I'm learning a lot about the names of blocks from your postings. You are so productive! I think the Dresden Plate is my favourite, too.

Stitching Lady said...

Margaret, I now see how much I have to catch up with..... All your previous blogs. I did not see any!
There will be reading in the evening after the news.